Here is a quick fix appetizer that I made over the weekend when our friends were visiting us. As we were chitchatting, we got super hungry and luckily for me, I had some basic essentials and concocted this super ZIPPITYZAP recipe. Thankfully, the Tomato Chutney came to my rescue and it took exactly 5 mins to plate and ofcourse, a minute to devour them:). This demonstrates the ease with which our yummy Tomato Chutney can be used, whether it is for an appetizer or in making entree. I hope you can think of some cool ideas and share it with us.
So, lets begin to ‘Baguette with it’ ! You get the idea hopefully 😉
- Wheat Baguette- Thin and long (I got mine from Albertson’s)
- Cheese – Havarti or any nutty cheese of your choice.
- Basil Pesto- We made ours from scratch (will blog about that pretty soon, but in the mean time you could use the store bought Pesto)
- Zesteez Tomato chutney – HOT or MILD (your preference)
- Take the long baguette and cut it to quarter inch slices
- To each of these slices, liberally apply the pesto, a dollop of the Tomato Chunky Chutney and top it with a slice of cheese
- Arrange them on a plate and garnish with cilantro
- Now, you can savor and enjoy a big bite of this noveau “bruschetta” with a glass of red wine!
Cheers and Bon Appetit!