Today, I am going to share with you a very healthy and satisfying recipe. As a typical Costco-loving family, their bag of fresh spinach tempts me into buying and yet cannot finish it quickly enough before it gets mushy (shh..my husband hates it when the bag is lying unused and gets dumped in trash).
This is my version of necessity (finishing the bag of spinach) = invention i.e. a colorful and yummy variant of the classic Indian bread a.k.a paratha (My friend’s brilliant idea on putting the spinach to good use led me to this recipe, so thank you @Taraka Kaul).
My kidz love this yummy delight! Mm mm goodness is what they say!! It is also a great way to sneak in some greens into their diet 😉
- Spinach – 2 cups
- Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp (Ever seen Bobby Flay use this? He loves it)
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Green chili (thai)- 2 or 3 more the merrier:))
- Ginger – half a thumb size
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Whole wheat flour- 4 cups + extra flour to coat during rolling
- Water – about 3/4 cup (mix it in accordingly)
- Blend all the ingredients aforementioned to a smooth consistency. This is a yummy spinach smoothie (lassi) that you may very well have by itself but not yet 🙂